Annals of Aldamere
- City at the meeting of the Antin and Lebard Rivers in the Antin Gap region of Hanzmir’s Eastern March. Ruled by the Undying Lord.
- A large cluster of rusty spires reaching upward — iron spikes festoon the spires (in ages past they were used to repel aerial attackers).
- Green gargoyle face on red – emblem of the city. Green & Red livery.
- A large drawbridge at the west gate that spans the river — this is the Gargoyle Gate — two huge stone behemoths anchor either side of the gate — the chains for the bridge span extend from their open mouths.
- The interior is cold and damp — rusty rainwater courses down the stone walls. Numerous wall slits are covered by rusting iron plates that can be slid back to allow for the defenders to fire upon invaders. Visitors are channeled through several narrow open courts — cluttered with debris and garbage.
- In the center of the island fortress is the Great Hall — a massively cavernous chamber partially dug into the bedrock of the island — huge pillars support the arched ceiling (many bedecked with small stone gargoyles and wrought iron figurines). The chamber has numerous alcoves and galleries that branch off the main passage. Many of these are occupied by a patchwork of gaily colored tarps and pavilions. These “encampments” serve the various vendors that ply their trades in the fortress: merchants, barbers/surgeons, craftsmen, beer and wine sellers, etc. Including the Iron Market, the Saffron Pavilion (and the Sepulchre), and the Bristling Boar at the Sign of the Pink Pig.
- Peace is kept by the Grey Company of Necrophagi.
- City temples include: Perun, the Sky Father; Red Moon Goddess; Thesme (Shrine to Saint Latimer); the River God; and the Trade God.
- The city has problems with slavers.
- Dorlen Brauch the Floating Master lives behind the Blue Door in Harpytown.