Annals of Aldamere
Mhentir, City-States of
- South of Hanzmir – through one of 3 passes through some rather high mountains – the Giant’s Spine.
- Southeast of the Three Kingdoms of Chivalry, of which the Kingdom of Ordane is the closest.
- The Giant’s Spine Mountains are to the north – beyond which is Hanzmir.
- Yarjene River forms the eastern border beyond which are the Wastes of Morage.
- Many ruins – this area was once dominated by the Mage-Princes.
- Now dominated by the Church which rules from the Holy City of Velathys (the Center of the World).
- Descendants of the armies that crushed the Mage-Princes.
- Wealthy trade families – oligarchies
- Trade dominates
- Good sea ports along the west and south (the Azure Sea).
- Very backwards savages/tribes among the mountains and forests to the east (Morage).
- Many islands to the south – including the Silver Isle of Iljysa.
- Even the monastic orders here are wealthy
- Some really good universities.
- Problems with mages – the Solars have a strong presence here conducting inquisitions to root out magic users.
- Not so many problems with demons – not like in Hanzmir and other places.