Annals of Aldamere
Civ +2, Wealth +3, Might +1, Territory +2
- Agriculturally rich along the rivers – fields of grains, vegetable patches, orchards, vineyards, flocks of sheep and goats, herds of cattle.
- Verdant forests of oak, ash, elm, and rowan – deeper forests are of conifer.
- Several navigable rivers
- Good river and sea ports
- Emphasis on fine craftsmanship; artisans are valued
- Strong mercantile and trade class with an emphasis on “getting ahead”.
- Rich and powerful noble class with a martial tradition.
- Ambitious (and in some cases overly pious) clergy – tend to be drawn from the lower and middle class.
- Music is important over other arts.
- Engineers and tinkers abound – lots of clockwork.
- Several good universities.
- Monastic orders are generally aesthetic in outlook and conduct.
- Giant’s Spine Mountains are to the south – rife with many clear, deep lakes.
- “Wild” forests & swamps/marshes to the east
- Hereditary enemies to the west – Kingdom of Almeryss
- Cold sea, the White Sea, to the north – lots of islands – beyond that lies a rather harsh land – Skarforce, Drachenwald, Marjya, and the Northlands
- The Luger Bank – very rich with a tradition of loaning money to the Church and Kings. Prohibited by Church statute from charging interest – still manage to make money on their loans.
- Kedic League – an organization of trading cities/towns that spans national interests.
- Hanzmir currently has an Empress, Katarine III – selected by the Twelve Electors (highest lords and prelates of the Realm).
- Kethrun States — along the River Ketharus.