Annals of Aldamere
Most characters start knowing how to speak their native language. Learning an additional language requires either taking the Linguistics Talent or taking Intelligence (Language) Ability Focus for the specific language a character wishes to speak.
The major language groups spoken in Eponae are:
- Low Hrondene — spoken in southern Hanzmir and the northern Giantspine vales.
- Ketharene — spoken in the lands along the Ketharus River in Hanzmir.
- High Hrondene — spoken in the northern (White Sea) coastal regions of Hanzmir.
- Middle Hrondene — spoken in central Hanzmir.
- Skraefellic — spoken in Skraefel, the surrounding islands, and coastal (Bitter Sea) region of Hanzmir.
- Astavren — spoken in Astavar.
- Skeellic — spoken in Skeelmark.
- Various tribal dialects of the Dolmnae people.
- Spoken among the fisher-folk of Almeryss’s northwest coast and among some of the islands in the Bitter Sea.